Job Opening for Communications Specialist
Benguérir, Morocco — 28 May, 2021 — The African Plant Nutrition Institute (APNI) is seeking a Nationally Recruited Communications Specialist to be based at the APNI Headquarters in Benguérir, Morocco.
About the African Plant Nutrition Institute
APNI is a not-for-profit research and education institute based in Benguérir, Morocco, with the mission of enhanced plant nutrition for a resilient and food secure Africa. The institute works to develop and promote sustainable plant nutrition management practices and innovation through research, education, and outreach and has active programs across Continental Africa.
The Communications Specialist will support the creation and implementation of our internal and external communication strategies, create and disseminate content, and respond to internal and external requests for communications support. The selected person will be responsible to socialize key messages and stories about our research and development programs, and help build our reputation as a leader in plant nutrition science in Africa.
The ideal person would be a creative thinker with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Desirable qualities include: creative media manipulation skills, familiarity with the best practices of common social media platforms, a desire for innovative use of digital media, and a generous team player.
- Assist in communication of strategies or messages from leadership and other staff.
- Collaborate as a communications team member to plan, create, edit, distribute, and manage content via our website, press releases, newsletters, presentations, reports, short videos, and other media products that effectively communicate and promote APNI’s activities and products.
- Promote communications materials through appropriate social channels and social media campaigns.
- Ensure that all communications material aligns with brand standards and seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the APNI brand.
- Maintain familiarity with APNI vision and mission statements and program activities and goals.
- Maintain a digital media archive including photos and videos.
The ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- 3-4 years’ experience as a Communications Specialist or in a similar role is required.
- Proficient command of English, French, and Arabic is required.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, content management systems, social media platforms, and desktop publishing software (Adobe InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator).
- Experience in working within a WordPress website platform.
- Working knowledge of video-editing software is an asset.
- Understand the best practices of communications and social media channels.
- Exceptional writing skills and the ability to create engaging and accurate content.
- Must be a resourceful and creative thinker, and should be able to take initiative even when given minimal direction.
- A strong communicator who works well independently and with a team.
- Good skill-sets related to time management and organization, problem solving, and decision-making. Must have the ability to effectively prioritize projects and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
The position is full-time and will be based in Benguérir, Morocco and is subject to the completion of a satisfactory probation period.
Qualified candidates should send a detailed CV and an application letter by email to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found. Only candidates receiving an interview will be contacted.